What Are 3 Reasons To Try PRP Injections?
1. PRP Injections Are An All-Natural Process
2. PRP Injections Are A Versatile, Multi-Use Treatment
3. PRP Treatments Create Dramatic, Long-Lasting Results
Reason #1: PRP Injections Are An All-Natural Process
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) has become an extremely popular alternative to other non-surgical cosmetic treatments for the skin. PRP can be performed as an injectable treatment. PRP injections use a concentration of the patient’s own platelets to address a number of medical and aesthetic concerns, such as accelerating the healing of musculoskeletal problems.
Plasma is the liquid portion of the blood. Platelets are blood cells that cause blood clots and other necessary healing functions. PRP injections are prepared by taking minimal amounts of your own blood and running it through a device that separates and concentrates the platelet level. These concentrated platelets are then injected directly into the targeted area using different specialized devices, depending on the intended treatment.
PRP injections are an all-natural and safe process. Unlike other cosmetic injectables, PRP injections are made from your own blood. With PRP injections, you don’t need to worry about any toxins or other foreign materials getting injected into your body.
Reason #2: PRP Injections Are A Versatile, Multi-Use Treatment
The use of PRP is constantly evolving. PRP treatments are used for aesthetic, medicinal, and rejuvenating purposes. Some common uses of PRP injections are:
- Healing Injuries. PRP is normally used to treat moderate to severe injuries. This procedure treats injuries such as tennis elbow, pulled muscles, torn ligaments, wounds, and joint sprains. Athletes are frequently using this procedure to treat sports injuries.
- Cosmetic Purposes. There is a high demand for new cosmetic procedures. PRP injections are being used to rejuvenate the face by targeting unwelcomed signs of aging such as wrinkles, acne scars, and dry skin. This treatment tightens and smooths the skin with the stimulation of collagen.
- PRP For Hair Loss. PRP is composed of several growth factors that enhance growth and healing. With administered with a trained hand, PRP injections to the scalp increase blood supply to the dormant hair follicles and increase the thickness of hair.
Reason #3: PRP Treatments Create Dramatic, Long-Lasting Results
Sometimes cosmetic procedures use conventional devices that can not completely reach delicate problem areas, such as lines under the eyes. Injections give doctors more flexibility in the treatment and control of these important areas. This results in more dramatic results because there is deeper penetration in the skin, which allows the skin to rejuvenate from within.
There are many cosmetic procedures that only are effective for a few months. The full results of PRP injection treatments may last years.
To prolong the results, you should expect to have several follow-up appointments. The number of appointments depends on each patient’s skin condition, the reason for PRP treatment, and personal goals. Many patients choose to undergo routine PRP treatments at least 2-3 times a year to maintain a youthful-looking appearance. Patients that use PRP for hair loss usually require about 4-6 treatments spaced several weeks apart to fully rejuvenate their scalp.
The effectiveness of PRP injections depends on several factors as well. Some of the factors that can influence the effectiveness of PRP treatment include:
- The problem area being treated
- The patient’s health
- The level of injury
- The preparation of the PRP and chemical composition of the PRP treatment
Am I A Good Candidate For PRP Injections?
While many people can benefit from the effects of PRP, some patients with certain blood or skin conditions may not be good candidates for PRP injections. If you are curious about PRP injections or want to learn about other aesthetic services we offer, consider SoHo Men’s Health, the first men’s health and wellness experience in New York City. SoHo Men’s Health is proud to offer a number of treatments for cosmetic rejuvenation, as well as sexual and reproductive health services for men. Call 347-749-1174 to ask how we can help you meet your health, wellness, and aesthetic goals today.